Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - Driver door lock won't catch when frozen

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th December 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II - Driver door lock won't catch when frozen

Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction...

Whenever there is frost my driver door lock won't close and the door just bounces open. I've sprayed the lock with WD40 and applied grease but its made no difference. I've sprayed de-icer in the lock but that doesn't work either.

After trying various things the only way I can get it to catch is by pouring boiling water down the edge of the open door, then sticking a pencil in the lock and moving it up an down until it catches shut. Then pull the handle so it opens and the door will then close. As you can imagine this takes quite a bit of time and I've been late for work because of it.

The rest of my doors work fine. Does anyone know of a fix for this?
  5 Lastest Threads by laguna5
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II - Driver door lock won't catch when... Bodywork Renoir White 2 2052 5th December 2012 09:53 AM
Laguna II front wheel bolts cross threaded Brakes/Hubs VelSatisfied 10 2072 18th February 2012 05:17 PM
Laguna II top strut brearing cost Steering and Suspension Lagdti 13 4619 2nd December 2011 01:24 PM
Laguna II spoiler ripped off while driving Bodywork VelSatisfied 1 977 20th October 2011 07:55 PM
Laguna II how to remove battery Electronics laguna5 8 2385 11th October 2011 06:28 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome