Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Water in front footwells

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th December 2012 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Water in front footwells

My missus 2002 Clio 1.5 DCI has a leak(s) causing water to collect in the front footwells. I've had a search through the forums and elsewhere but can't seem to find/don't understand the answer.

The sunroof doesn't seem to be leaking - the roof lining is completely dry both visibly and to touch. I've been in the passenger seat a couple of times when driving in heavy rain and it doesn't seem to be coming through the door seals, in fact, they're completely dry too. I popped a couple of lids out of the plastic on the sills and inside them is dry too.

I saw a video on Youtube about blocked drain tubes in the sunroof and took a jug of water out to test them. I could see water coming from each side of the car from the wheel arches. I removed the part of the scuttle panel on the drivers side as per the video on Youtube and there was a slight build up of water in the bottom when i poured water into the sunroof drainhole but it went down quite quickly. I then searched for the pipe which comes out of the bulkhead but couldn't find it. I got under the car and managed to find a pipe facing down toward me but it had no cap or anything on the end and looked more like a breather pipe of some sort. At that point it was going dark and i was cold, wet and dirty so called it a day!

What i don't understand is where this pipe from the bulkhead comes into things if the water drains out of each side on the wheel arches? And is the box under the drivers side scuttle panel supposed to accomodate some water or is water overflowing into this area? If so, how?

Oh, and the coolant level is consistent.
Currently in Scousebil's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by Scousebil
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How to distinguish between a faulty pump or... Engines Scousebil 0 678 16th July 2014 10:26 PM
How to perform a leak - off test Engines Scousebil 13 2017 7th July 2014 02:57 PM
How much pressure should there be Engines coup 1 655 4th June 2014 08:08 PM
df067 ring - decoder connection Electronics Scousebil 4 3857 3rd June 2014 10:03 PM
Why does the dci engine fuel pump break down Engines Ralph 20 2862 26th May 2014 07:21 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome