Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Water in front footwells

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 8th December 2012 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Water in front footwells

Quick update on this, i went out to the car this morning to have a go at those sunroof drains. First thing i did was locate that pipe - it was hidden behind the felt and i couldn't see it at all but managed to get my hands on it. The cap actually came off into my hand - looks as tho it should be part of the pipe but has degraded and come off. I then stuck my finger up the pipe and crapped my pants when i felt something up there trying to get out (a creature!? a turd!?) As i pulled my hand out (sharpish) i heard something clunk on the floor and when i looked under the car there was a small bolt and washer there with the same colour code on the washer and bolt head as the car. Initially the passenger side was draining but only from the wheel arch, now it's draining out of that pipe too so i know it's definately now clear and making some difference.

Next i tested the drivers side again but unlike the other day, no water came out of the arch. I kept pouring and it kept disappearing but nothing was coming out. Eventually i heard some gargling coming from the scuttle panel area - took off that cover again and could see it had filled up. I stuck my fingers into the compartment and cut myself on a flat piece of broken glass which i pulled out. Water started dribbling out of the wheel arch so i prodded some more in the bottom of the compartment and suddenly a bucketfull of water drained out onto the floor.

I'm now quite certain these three pipes are all freeflowing so i'll just have to wait and see if it's sorted the problem or not
Currently in Scousebil's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome