Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Testing ABS Sensors

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11th December 2012
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Testing ABS Sensors

It can sometimes be difficult to find the correct combination of words to use on the forum search. On a number of occasionally the forum search has not helped but yet putting the same word combination into Google brings up threads from the forum...

The link I posted to the sensor testing method described by voxmagna seems straight forward enough. I've never tried this method, but the the hardest part is going to be getting to the connectors at the rear as they are behind the wheel arch liners. The front connectors are easier to get to so I would start there.

When my ABS pump went dodgy that also was intermittent, some days the ABS light would come on other times it could be off for a few days. That's when I decided to test the ABS out when the light was off, to see if the warning light was telling the truth. As described in the thread (2nd link I posted) the ABS wasn't working even though the warning lights were out.

Anyway, get the sensors checked out first and go from there.

Please take the time to enter your vehicle details in the "What's current in your garage?" box.

To do this:
Hover over the "TOOLS" tab at the top of the page
> then in the dropdown click on "User Dashboard"
> click on "Edit Your Details" at the top Left hand side.
> scroll down to the "What's current in your garage?" box and enter your vehicle details.
> Once the details are entered scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

> Done.
Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome