Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Low Battery Warning on Scenic II

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 3rd October 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to suzanna80

I too had this problem with a scenic two. Reversing was one way to make the battery light come on, the other is they dont like being reversed when being sat in a driveway for more than 10 hours especially more noticeable when you have heating/air con on with lights or radio/cd player, too little charge in the battery for all to work. Some times the little minx just decides they want to show you the pretty colours on the dashboard in the form of warning lights.

When you stall normally after the car has run for sometime and charged the battery you dont normally get a battery warning light from stalling, it just dies.

Mine did it a lot, one sure fire way of not getting outta my driveway in reverse without getting flashed at was to switch demister and cd player on as soon or before you start the engine.

I had mine down renault for that problem, never found a fault, I suspect that prehaps too many short distance driving is not charging your battery adequetly.

I know this cos I was guilty of the same thing.

Scenics dont tend to fair well being a ' quick trip down to the shop round the corner cars' they do behave better being driven longer journys at a time.

Hope this helps ya (excuse my sarcasm)

Currently in suzanna80's garage:
a vauxhall astra sri XP
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome