Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT Fail - Scenic MK1 Face lift - Parts Advice Please

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
MOT Fail - Scenic MK1 Face lift - Parts Advice Please

New to the forum and new to Renault ownership, I'm a bit of a Vauxhall man myself *ducks for cover* and spend most of my time and money modifying and tuning my MK4 GSi but I keep it off the road for winter.

I had a Seat Leon for winter until last week when a wagon smashed it up and drove away while it was parked up, no CCTV or witnesses so my girlfriends dad has kindly given us his Scenic MK1 1.6 (03 Facelift) and I took it for MOT this morning, its been garaged for a year so not a surprise it failed.

I've spoken over the phone to the MOT station and they said it failed on;

Drivers Outer CV Boot
Offside Front Ball Joint
Rear discs and pads
Rear Nearside caliper seized
ARB Links (both sides)

After already having 4 tyres fitted for 205 the garage want another 510 for the above, I usually do all the work myself on my Astra but was prepared to pay someone to make life easier but not that much so it looks like I'm going to be having a couple of cold evenings under my new bus.

First 3 are not a problem but I'm having difficulty with the ARB bit though, I understand they don't use droplinks? I assume they are talking about bushes after searching about but am unsure how they are situated on the vehicle or which parts I need.

Could someone point me in the direction of the correct parts so I can get them ordered up and explain how they are connected on the vehicle (clamped, pressed etc?) as I don't have the car to go look at at the moment?

Also, the seized caliper, I assume that they are on a runner on the carrier? Is this usually fixed by stripping, cleaning and greasing or would I be better off with a new or refurbed caliper caliper?

Any help would be appreciated.
Currently in bartonz20let's garage:
2003 Scenic
  5 Lastest Threads by bartonz20let
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Sold wrong radiator for scenic 1.6 - given W/O... Heating & cooling VelSatisfied 5 1557 4th March 2013 11:10 AM
MOT Fail - Scenic MK1 Face lift - Parts Advice... Cars & motoring lancs dave 5 1056 12th December 2012 05:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome