Firstly, top thread. Since we got our scenic speed 4 has never worked. Finally got around to fixing it.
1) If speed 4 is not working, rule out the resistor pack, its a direct feed to the fan.
2) Brought new loom from e-bay
3) got to connector through directions here. I dont have small hands by any measure!!
4) Fit new loom. you need a crimp tool and a lighter to do the heat shrink. Old connector was burnt through on pin 4. The old connector had 5 wires, the new looom 6. Simply cut, crimp and heat shrink each wire as you go. There is no need to do anything with the last wire so I got a heat shrink cap and fitted it.
5) Test and fit everything back together.
Took me about 45 minutes as the wife needed the car..
Many thanks again.