Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #274 of (permalink) Old 13th December 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Originally Posted by jad70 View Post
Hi All,

Firstly, top thread. Since we got our scenic speed 4 has never worked. Finally got around to fixing it.
1) If speed 4 is not working, rule out the resistor pack, its a direct feed to the fan.
2) Brought new loom from e-bay
3) got to connector through directions here. I dont have small hands by any measure!!
4) Fit new loom. you need a crimp tool and a lighter to do the heat shrink. Old connector was burnt through on pin 4. The old connector had 5 wires, the new looom 6. Simply cut, crimp and heat shrink each wire as you go. There is no need to do anything with the last wire so I got a heat shrink cap and fitted it.
5) Test and fit everything back together.

Took me about 45 minutes as the wife needed the car..

Many thanks again.

Hi JD,

Just a quick question. I have also managed to get to the connector through to this fantastic thread.

On the connector I have also one connection that appears to have some burn/melt damage. However, when I "waggle" or press the connector in a touch (excuse the technical terminology!) and then turn the fans on they do start and run 1 through to 4.

Can I just buy the connector and simply reconnect the wires and pop that back on?

Currently in iidx036's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome