Join Date: Aug 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.
Firstly, top thread. Since we got our scenic speed 4 has never worked. Finally got around to fixing it.
1) If speed 4 is not working, rule out the resistor pack, its a direct feed to the fan.
2) Brought new loom from e-bay
3) got to connector through directions here. I dont have small hands by any measure!!
4) Fit new loom. you need a crimp tool and a lighter to do the heat shrink. Old connector was burnt through on pin 4. The old connector had 5 wires, the new looom 6. Simply cut, crimp and heat shrink each wire as you go. There is no need to do anything with the last wire so I got a heat shrink cap and fitted it.
5) Test and fit everything back together.
Took me about 45 minutes as the wife needed the car..
Many thanks again.
hi, as per above, i need a new loom which i will order this week, i know there is one extra wire, as you say it does not need connecting, but the new loom has all purple wires, so how do i know which wire to leave un connected?
Currently in yan101's garage:
megane scenic 2 1.5dci (80)