Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #256 of (permalink) Old 15th December 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

Iīm from Sweden and have the same problem as you.
My GF:s Clio 1.2 8 valve (i think) is not running as it should. It has been very unpredictable the last 3 years.
During the easter and winter it has been going in to safe mode once and a while(no reaction on the pedal and only about 1400 rpms.) If you brake, it starts to rev and hold about 3000 rpms for a couple of seconds then back to 1400rpms.
But the last couple of weeks there has been a bigger problem. It wont start at all. Towed it to the workshop but the ECU didnīt give any codes at all when they plugged it. They tried a couple of times during the week but nothing. When I went there to get it,it ran like new.
But the indicator lamp for the beam is constantly shining but the beam lights wont turn on.
I will check the wiring loom this weekend.(Thanks)

Anyone has another suggestion please tell me. Have noted 18 different possible causes in this thread.

Sorry for my English, I really try. Can read and understand spoken english but spell and speak is a problem for me.
Currently in Fiskarn0383's garage:
2001 Renault Clio 1,2 works occasionally
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome