Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio MkIII front bumper

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th December 2012
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: Clio MkIII front bumper

There are (believe it or not) some parts of a car which are intended to be 'glued' (vehicles made from carbon-fibre or fibreglass, need to be bonded).

However, there are adhesives which are fit for the job, and some which clearly should be relegated to the Airfix kit.

Tiger Seal or another brand of seam sealer will form a strong yet flexible and weatherproof bond, and is applied using a mastic gun.

I've used it myself on many occasions (even reattching wing mirrors), so it is very durable.

It takes around a day to set, so might involve applying a bit of pressure to the bumper to hold it in place whilst it cures.

The pics will help us to advise appropriately.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome