Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 Master Brake Cylinder

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna 2 Master Brake Cylinder

Evening guys.

I recently changed the rear discs and pads on the renault laguna 2 04 plate 1.8.

i will tell you how i done it first and then tell the problem.

I removed the wheels.

Removed the 2 bolts behind the disc.

removed brake caliper

removed pads

unscrewed bleed valve.

Long needle nose pliers and pushed in the piston whilst turning.
Put pads in, put discs on.

refit was the reverse minus the piston bit.

After both sides were done i noticed the pedal touched the floor. So we bled the brake system of all air. After wards the pedal will go half way down before it brakes. if the car is turned off and i pump the breaks till their hard, i turn on the engine and it creeps to about half way. I have taken it to a proper mechanic to properly bleed the system but it is still the same. anyone know what could be the problem. The mechanic had said that when doing the brakes i should have opened the cap on teh resivoir and said it could be seals turned inside out or something.
  5 Lastest Threads by pr0xibus
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Oil Behind the Throttle Body Laguna 2 1.8 Engines leechman 3 1441 25th May 2013 03:43 PM
Renault Laguna 2 Front Lights Electronics pr0xibus 2 623 19th December 2012 09:20 AM
Renault Laguna 2 Master Brake Cylinder Brakes/Hubs pr0xibus 3 2120 18th December 2012 03:16 PM
Driveshaft/bearing etc Brakes/Hubs madnoel10 1 791 18th September 2012 04:43 PM
Fault In Fuel Injection Engines pr0xibus 14 2739 12th August 2011 02:38 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome