Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2006 Renault Clio 1.2 ''kangarooing'' along in all gears

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th December 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2006 Renault Clio 1.2 ''kangarooing'' along in all gears

Hi there, I am wondering if anybody could help me. I apologise if a thread like this has already been created but I couldn't seem to find anything regarding the issue I am currently having with my 2006 1.2 16v Renault Clio, with around 46,600 on the clock. I'm also not too great with cars, I'm a woman who doesn't really know a huge amount so please bear with me!

I recently brought my Clio about 2 weeks ago. It's MOT was due in Feb, which put me off buying it, so the guy whose dealership I bought it from offered to put it through a test. The only thing that came up was the brake pads, which were replaced, the car was put through another MOT and passed fine, giving me a full years MOT.

I have been driving the car absolutely fine over the last few weeks. However, yesterday, I had been driving as normal, pulled over to pick up the bf from work, then as I pulled away, the car began to (and sorry for the un-technical term!) 'kangaroo' and bounce quite intensely. Moving up through the gears, the 'bouncing' continues, and was particularly bad when driving in 4th at around about 35 mph. When I stopped the car, I also noticed the exhaust sounded different than usual, and there seemed to be a sort of 'popping' noise coming from it. Also, the service light on the dashboard came on, went off again, then came back on again and has remained on.

The car was driving like this all the way home, and only stopped very briefly for about 1 minute when it drove as normal. Could anyone shed any light on what this could be? I'm pretty concerned and to be honest a little annoyed that this issue is happening just 2 weeks after buying it and having an MOT done! Any advice would be most welcome, thankyou in advance!
Currently in stebeee's garage:
Renault Clio 2006
  5 Lastest Threads by stebeee
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2006 Renault Clio 1.2 ''kangarooing'' along in... Cars & motoring stebeee 2 1059 19th December 2012 04:47 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome