Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

View Single Post
post #62 of (permalink) Old 20th December 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

Hello all.

I'm new to the Renault forum group and joined through researching electric window problems with Renault modus'.
Our's went after hearing a clunking noise and following that the window was completely loose and could be moved up and down just with your hands. Not too safe and rather chilly!

Thank you to all who suggested phoning Renault customer services . I thought I'd chance a phone call to see if they'd repair my drivers side window free of charge or at a discounted price as a good will gesture.

The modus we have is a 55 plate and has 76k on the clock.
The Renault customer service lady was very polite and friendly and listened in depth about our problem, but informed us our car was well beyond the warranty and said this WAS NOT a common fault!? Maybe I should have argued on that one a little more.

I decided to take the door panel off myself to see exactly what had happened.
I found a broken blue plastic clip at the bottom of the door and after following this post and other forums I worked out it had to have come from the regulator.
I unbolted this and plugged the electric supply back in, to find a fully functional working part and quickly realised all I needed to do was somehow purchase the broken blue plastic clip. I didn't get my hopes up on finding this part as various people had suggested a whole new regulator was needed.
My lovely wife who loves a bargain found an alternative clip on ebay exactly the same just white rather than blue. Which came to a grand total of 2.40 for two. God I've been whaffling on............

Anyway, to summarise, I was able to fit the new clip and the window works perfectly. Now we're just waiting for the passenger side window to fail, but I suppose I know what to expect plus I've got the other spare clip too.

Cheers guys.
Currently in Modusmofo's garage:
55 modus
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome