Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Will not start

Thread: Will not start
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Will not start

Our Scenic has ongoing problems when it will not start. It has the keycard entry system and pushbutton start. The doors open normally and when we enter and press the ignition button the dash lights operate as normally. When we press the start button there is a relay click behind the dash but nothing else happens. The first time in May the RAC man spent around two hours stripping and checking the autogearchange interlock, door locks, ignition system etc. It was then towed away. At the dealer they reported it started normally. The second time was two weeks ago, same scenario and the dealr had the car six days and found no fault. The thrid time was last Saturday. I looked at the car myself and when I realeased the emergency handbrake in the boot (which the RAC had released each time to tow the car) the car started. Called two dealers and renault customer support today who have just said I'll have to wait until it does it again and have it towed into the dealer!!
Has anyone else experienced any similar faults??
Currently in shrek's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic Privilege 2.0VVT Auto
  5 Lastest Threads by shrek
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Short stay Cars & motoring xcuzme 5 1164 17th October 2006 09:19 PM
Rear brakes Brakes/Hubs 2 1130 16th October 2006 07:08 PM
Will not start Electronics stevenson1969 5 1863 16th October 2006 06:57 PM
Hello from Shrek Welcome to RenaultForums Lagdti 4 857 16th October 2006 06:47 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome