Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #277 of (permalink) Old 24th December 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Well, I still have a Scenic 53 for a couple of months! And decided to fix the ventilation, as the remaining speed packed up last week.

Thanks to everyone who posted before, I know most of you got rid of the scenic long ago, but thanks anyway!

Here I could remove the loom and resistor pack, but my arm is really too big and couldn't put it back. Thanks to Mrs who managed to sort it out, all works!

It seems that the air filter was completely clogged, and that must have contributed to the failure. When I tested the ventillation before putting the resistor pack in, a bunch of leaves and other stuff came flying out of the hole. pretty scary the amount of crap that was in there! I suggest you do the same (ie run the fan with heat at zero for a while to clear it)

Anyway, the scenic was not a bad car, apart from being a renault. Put 130K miles into mine, and now I'm waiting for the delivery of a BMW X3, can't wait! For a scenic in pretty good nick, I'm being offered... 600 quid. Thats less than the price of the metal.

BTW I had my car serviced every year (regardless of mileage) at renault, and I just realized that they dropped the air filter change 3 years ago, that explains pretty much all the problem I had since, I expect. Needless to say, I'll never buy a renault again -- not that they want me anyway, as they seem to want to sell electric matchboxes now -- they don't even do the Espace anymore... huh

Included is a pic of my air filter. The big leave was flat, covering most of it... thats one week past service + MOT BTW...
Currently in buserror's garage:
53' Scenic Privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome