Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - water in foot well and under back seat

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 1st January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: water in foot well and under back seat

Wife's car has similar problem for a few years now.
It is not the sun roof, Car does not have one.
Initially i thought it was water from the tray under the wipers, the drain clogs up easily on the driver (RHS) side, I also thought it may be Air Conditioning system draining back into the car. but water only comes in on one side and in back footwell only.

The door seal is intact, and drain/breather seal holes are not blocked.

Having stripped the door trim back:-
The window seals are not perfect, the rain that gets past the glass seals should run to the bottom of the inside of the door, and escape through the small drain holes in the bottom of the door.
The drains were not holding back water, the door trim was wet about half way up, the water must then dribble down to the wrong side of the door seal into the foot well.

The questions are:-
What is the water tracking across to get past the flexible seal?
How do i make the water tracking down the glass continue to the bottom of the door and drain away as designed?

This car has manual rear door window winders, i am assuming that the water was tracking along the winder shaft,

I have glued a plastic washer on the shaft, to try and persuade any water to drain down, not across.

Heres hoping
Currently in chris62's garage:
no garage
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome