Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Possible ABS problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st January 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Possible ABS problem

I fitted new rear discs and pads to my Megane 1.6 16V yesterday, this was to replace a noisy wheel bearing.
Everything went fine, although the caliper mount bolts were a pain to get undone.
Now after approx 2.8 miles of driving the STOP and Handbrake light come on, this seems to be a distance rather than time thing.
The ABS rings were on the back of the new discs, the car still brakes fine, I haven't braked hard enough to test the ABS is still working.
I have checked the fluid level and this is possibly a touch high but definitely not too low, the lights comes on at 2.8 miles and I wasn't braking at any of the times it came on.

Once I have solved this problem I just need to change the TDC sensor and find out where the oil smell is coming from.

One other question I have is about the power of the 1.6, it seems very good at low down revs but also very linear there never seems to be any benefit to revving the engine, is this how they are?
Currently in K9d's garage:
Alfa 156 2.4 JTD, Alfa 166 2.5 V6, Megane II 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by K9d
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Possible ABS problem Brakes/Hubs K9d 6 1147 1st January 2013 09:35 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome