Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #279 of (permalink) Old 3rd January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Originally Posted by aahbarnes View Post
I don't know if this has been posted before. I just managed to access the resistor pack in 5 mins, maybe less. Haynes reckon the dash top fascia needs to be removed, massive job. I avoided this.

I simply removed the two digital dash surrounds, then to the right of the digital display is quite a large hole. I shone a torch in here and there in front of my eyes was the connector for the resistor pack. Reached my arm in, disconnected it, have noticed slight burning on connector, so need to replace this. The connector has quite long cables, so reaches outside the dash for repair.

Removed resistor pack with torx screwdriver, appears to be OK, put all back together and is working now. But will need new loom section.

EDIT: See post 17 on for pics.
Hi Folks
Can I pass on my heartfelt thanks for an excellent site and (in particular) this post, which has saved me a vast amount of time and money.

The fault on my 2005 Scenic 1.9dCi was the loss of all but speed 4, and the module was located and removed from following the detailed instructions. Turns out it had been fixed previously by soldering the wires directy to the module, which solves the overheating plug issue. Mine had blown the thermal fuse, so off to Maplin's to invest 0.71 on a new one!

Thanks again.
Currently in Scenicwizard's garage:
2005 Scenic 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome