Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio mark 3 - brake discs worn before pads after 26000 miles?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio mark 3 - brake discs worn before pads after 26000 miles?

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your comments, its really good to hear all your opinions!

madnoel10, I had the same suspicion that poor quality discs might be the reason for the quick wear as I have driven other cars before where as you said the discs last significantly longer! This is the reason why I think and hope that Renault will agree towards contributing to new discs. If the pads have become softer (as mentioned in a previous post by VelSatisfied) then surely this would mean that discs get less wear then before, no? (apologies if I misunderstood)

VelSatisfied, great point about the tires, I will use that argument with the garage if they question my driving style!

Mord, I didn't need an MOT as of yet as the car is only two years old. Good point about the edge ridge though, I'll ask Renault about it when I have the inspection done. Do you mean that if it is higher than 1 mm they might be able to complain to the manufacturer of the discs? The data I put in a previous post was from Sep 2012 and a free brake check was done in Dec 2012 by an independent garage where they told me I had about 2000 miles or so before they'd need changing. I've heard that if the pads are of poor quality they might be too hard and could lead to the ware of the discs, is that something anyone else has heard of?

Thanks again for your comments!
Currently in dreimda's garage:
Clio mark 3
The Following User Says Thank You to dreimda For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (4th January 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome