Join Date: Aug 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll have to weigh up the pros and cons of fixing against selling at a possible loss.
The car has the following faults so far;
- rear suspension knocking
- occasional engine racing to 5Krpm but only after an hour on the motorway...I'm guessing it requires a new turbo
- major oil leak (offside rear engine bay) when stood after an hour on the motorway - not checked out, possible turbo ?
- very faint clutch judder - can only get worse
- passenger side aircon heat control motor stuck
- offside wing mirror heater not working
- bent offside alloy (silverstone)
- alloy sounding rattle on idle....possible exhaust heat shield
- 2 slow punchures on the rear
So to summarise; new
, rear bushes, aircon motor, new alloy, clutch plate, 2 tyres (or repair)
Now the good bit, the car has a warranty to a max £500, but it looks like a mickey mouse only wear and tear deal, which is probably not worth the paper its written on since the car has 87K. I might start there, see what I can claim.
Currently in spaceace's garage:
'82 Golf GTi 1600 (and a 2001 Scenic for 'er in doors)