Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #262 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

I have just had this happen to my car - happened over the Christmas period so only just gone into the garage.

I broke down on the M27 - a light came on which is in the manual as a water in the diesel light in the manual, however my car is a petrol. The garage tell me this an engine management light. Basically when the light came on i really started to lose power, i managed to limp the car over to the hard shoulder and await the RAC.

When they came out they had a look and told me it was my head gasket - i have had a look, dont know much about cars but cant see the mayo stuff they spoke about anywhere.

The garage have said they cannot find anything wrong - no errors in the diagnostics, and they have taken it out and seems to run fine.

When i took it to the garage it felt awful - i didnt push it above 30/40 because the car didnt feel like it had much more to give.

Sometimes, when i accelerate it feels like sometimes the power drops for like 1 or 2 seconds, and then returns - almost like lurching you forward as if you were just taking your foot on and off the gas.

As i type they have just phoned - only a few intermittent errors showing, nothing perm -errors were things like throttle body and o2??

They have cleared down the errors and asked me to drive it round again and see, but I am a bit worried, i commute each day and am terrified of this happening during rush hour with no warning

Any help would be great - oh its a 2003 1.2 16v renault clio with about 100k on the clock - yes i should get a newer car!
Currently in leigh123's garage:
Skinner and Osment
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome