Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Engines - Sluggish Gear Changing

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Wink Re: Renault Scenic - Engines - Sluggish Gear Changing

Originally Posted by andym2417 View Post

I have a Scenic 1.9dci and I'm having problems with it for the last month or so. When changing gear, either from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd mainly, when I accelerate immediately after changing gear, for a second or two, nothing happens. I've checked the throttle cable that is not sticking, I've changed my garage with regards to fuel, but do not know what it is ??

I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experiance, before I take it to a dealer and get slaughtered for an obscene amount of money for, hopefully nothing. The age of the car is 2002.

Can anybody advise me please.

Hello , on the off chance that the fuel additive doesn't work . I had a simler problem on a 2000 model 1.9dti scenic ,whenever i accelerated in any gear , it took ages to pick up, i tried all sorts , including the accelerator potentiometer , even changed it, but no cigar , turned out to be a loose earth connection coming off the engine wiring loom, low down at the front of the engine, in the middle near the sump, i tightened it up the torx screw , and that sorted it
Currently in dankerben's garage:
Scenic RX4 1.9 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome