Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Mk2 Sunroof Repair

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th January 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Mk2 Sunroof Repair

I would like to start with saying it's all gone wrong. Removed the sunroof completely, removed the broken seal that Renault used to seal bodywork and sunroof. All parts were cleaned.
I resealed with a silicon (Black) and reassemble.

Easy! (Not)
Looking at photos from other people there seemed only 4 bolts, but there are about 16 holding the sunroof! They took 1hr 30mins to remove. The headlining is a nightmare.
When I removed the bolts the 2 drain pipes were attached. There is no slack in the pipes, so trying to fit a hand between the headlining and the roof to hard (SO BLOODY HARD), not to mention trying to re-attach them, when you've applied silicon to the frame prior.

Sorry, going on a bit.
The problem I have now the due to the damp weather the silicon after 24hrs has not set and still soft. So I need to do it all the again, but I need dry weather. God, can you help me please.

Can anyone recommend a seal tape that will grip the textured sunroof frame and body work?
I tried a few, but they come away to the plastic.

I think this is the best option now.

Oh yes, there are many post on the site and internet that say this is an easy job.
Trust me it's not.

Fitting a wheel is easy.
Currently in Ody55ey's garage:
2010 Clio 1.5dci Eco2
  5 Lastest Threads by Ody55ey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio Mk2 Sunroof Repair Bodywork Ody55ey 1 1048 5th January 2013 10:21 AM
Someone knocked off my wing mirror! Bodywork gazza82 3 2981 27th April 2012 08:46 PM
Clio 2 Front Seat Release Interiors Ody55ey 0 757 31st October 2011 09:49 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome