Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Engines - Chugging Megane - Toxic Fume Filter

View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane - Engines - Chugging Megane - Toxic Fume Filter

Hi, I have a Renault Megane 2005 Coupe Cariolet which I bought second hand last March. About 6 weeks ago I had the toxic fume light come on and the service light so I took it to my local garage and they told me that it needed major work doing to it and would cost over 600. The next day the light went out and the car seemed to be fine, but then today the light came back on and was flashing, the car is chugging quite bad and there is an awful smell coming into the car. Can anyone advise if this is a coil or coils that need replacing and what the cost is in general is to get it sorted.

I've just paid over 200 for the car to get through it's MOT and the window on the drivers door has stopped working again, the motor on this was replaced last March and then it stopped working again in October.

Does anyone else have mega problems with their Megane cabriolet? Begining to wish I hadn't bought the damn car.
Currently in ChezzyD's garage:
Renault Megane cabriolet coupe
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome