Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2001 clio 1.2 16v sunroof leak

View Single Post
post #56 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2001 clio 1.2 16v sunroof leak

i had a leakey sunroof (02 clio). took it to a local garage who took out the glass and siliconed the inside then put glass back in and used black silicone to seal up the gap between the glass and inside of the frame as this is where they said that its the most common part for the leak to get through. But means i can't open my sunroof1 (not too bothered about that). after a day left outside in the rain i found it was still leaking!!
so i thought bugger it and went and bought some black gutter seal from B&Q to put arround the outside of the black frame as thats where i thought it was comming in....i was right. after using the gutter seal it hasn't leaked once. even in heavy rain. if done with a bit of paitence and skill it looks very neat and isnt at all noticeable unless your right up close having a good nose about. its a bit clarty to put on, not like silicone and gets everywhere but a rag with a bit white spirit cleans up the mess no bother. also i left mine in a garage for 2 days just to give it a proper chance to set.
Currently in anthw's garage:
clio 2 dymanique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome