Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - * solved* Laguna 2 Weird Knocking

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th January 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
* solved* Laguna 2 Weird Knocking

I've been lurking in these forum for a while without joining, but bit the bullet today as I've not been able to find an answer to the following question.

My Laguna 2 as a random weird knocking noise which to myself and all who have been in the car, say comes from the rear passenger side.

I've seen the 'bushes threads' and the garage I go to have swapped them out, they need doing as the old bushes were shot.

Knocking still there, but not the same.

The garage then fit new exhast brackets, which again need doing.

Knocking is still there.

Now the weird part is two independant garages would pass my car through it's MOT. The mechanic at the garage I go to is a MOT tester and wouldn't give the car back to me if it wasn't safe to drive, but, even after both garages have looked at the car, driven the car, both can hear the noise/knocking, but neither can work out nor find what is causing it.

The car has been up on a two prong ramp with the suspension hanging, it's been over an inspection pit and up on a class7 ramp, it been poked, prodded and pried, the back end has been stripped and reset, nuts bolt checked and checked again and all is in order.

Yet when the car goes over some rough road it sounds like something is loose, when I take the car off the drive you can hear the noise.

4 different mechanics, myself, my friends and family who have all been in the car can hear it and all agree to where the noise seems to come from but no can fathom what it is or how to fix it.

Anyone got any ideas? It's a puzzler that no one has a solution to.

Currently in Khamelion's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique

Last edited by dave_mezza2006; 26th February 2013 at 02:55 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Khamelion
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
* solved* Laguna 2 Weird Knocking Bodywork cambr3203 27 6906 7th January 2013 05:09 PM
Hello Welcome to RenaultForums HeatherJ 1 367 7th January 2013 04:38 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome