Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - * solved* Laguna 2 Weird Knocking

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 7th January 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna 2 Weird Knocking

Originally Posted by kevrsp View Post

I would hazard a guess and say that the noise is due to the rear bushes being coroded.

The bushes can be seen in place by looking into the rear wheel arch and looking onto the circular rubber thing located on the top of the axle.

When these perish, it creates a knock from whatever side the bush is worn.

I have heard that some people have mentioned the life of these bushes to be about 45k miles.

I have to replace these on mine so I know the noise that you are experiencing.

Hope that helps.
When the knocking first started happening, the bushes were replaced, the mechanic showed me what was taken out and the rubber was loose inside the metal casing.

Now, before the bushes were replaced the noise was a definite bang, like metal on metal when hitting a pothole or when the left side of the car lifted through a left hand turn. Once the bushes were replaced the bang was gone, but the 'loose' noise remained.

If I didn't know better it sounds like someone has welded a metal container under the car and filled it full of bolts and cast iron, which only jump about when going over rough road, when driving on a smooth surface there is no noise.
Currently in Khamelion's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome