Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - * solved* Laguna 2 Weird Knocking

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Laguna 2 Weird Knocking

I agree, that does sound odd.

I think that the process of elimination would probably work well here.

So on the rear end, you have your shocks, bolted on the top and bottom. Have you checked that these bolts have been put back in tight?

To do the rear subframe bushes, the garage would have had to remove various covers etc from under the car, again, have a look under there and see if there is anything loose or hanging down.
A good favourite of mine to find where a rattle is , is to get under the car to the area that the noise seems to be coming from and whack the underside of the car, pull on the wheel and shake whatever you can get your hands around to see if you get a similar sound.
Sound can travel too and I had a small rattle too and I found a screwdriver in the inside of one of the doors before. Took it out and it was gone.

On the base of the rear springs, you have plastic covers, like buckets. Pull these off and see if there is anything trapped in them.

The other explation is that the sound may seem like a rattle but it would be the clunk of a joint somewhere that is gone. Get a pry bar and see if you can see any play in any of the joints. Check the front left ball joint too as these are terrible noisy when they are worn!!!

Let me know how you get on.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome