Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Weird noise coming from the front wheel, I think

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Weird noise coming from the front wheel, I think

Originally Posted by mord View Post
Hello, welcome to the forums.

check to see if you have the stainless steel spring clip attached to the caliper.
if it is missing you may get some screeching as the pads wont move back correctly when your not breaking.
springs are about 7 new from dealerships.
Thanks for info but to update you i'm a little in shock tonight! I booked the car into the local branch of Evans Halshaw (5miles) to have the car checked over (i purchased at a branch 26 miles away 1 week ago), anyway, mentioned the noise from front wheel etc and on collecting the vehicle at 4.30 the guy told me that both front discs & pads were excessively worn hence the binding & noise, i was stunned bearing in mind ive owned the car 1week! Anyway, because I didnt purchase at that branch he has sent an email to the Service Manager of the branch i bought from asking for permission to repair at no cost to me. I explained that id be totally disappointed if not repaired free, i mean you dont expect to buy one week and have this the next, ive taken every warranty & service plan imaginable out but this is not covered by them so I guess i'll just have to wait to hear 'yes' or 'no'. Any idea of cost involved if i do have to pay for these? Also, he only mentioned the front being excessively worn so assuming the back must be ok. Thx for your input.
Currently in Amanda460's garage:
Clio extreme 1.2 08reg First ever Clio
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome