Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Faulty Coils Causing Warning Light(Including General Info)*fixed*

View Single Post
post #93 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Faulty Coils Causing Warning Light(Including General Info)*fixed

hi all im new here,only had my megane scenic 3 weeks

its just a cheap runaround so when i noticed emmisions light and service light on the next day after buying i thought prob just coils

well its a high mileage 2005 scenic 1.6 auto,ex motability car so full history(why i bought it)

when i bought the car i knew it had been stood months so when the lights went off i thought there is the prob

its ran, i presume sweet for the last 2 weeks until today
(i say presume)
as im used to a 2.4 litre abarth ..very nippy. i wasnt over happy with what i thought was not a very nippy car.pretty slow

as i said the car seems sluggish but im not sure if its coz im used to faster cars

my megane engine seems to run very sweet,you can hardly hear it fire up,its isnt lumpy or knocking.

now when u get a bad coil it affects the engine which makes is sound rough

is there anywhere to look which brings these warning lights on without it being the coilpacks?

could it be the coil packs which is why the car not only seems a bit flat but is...without it sounding like its running on 3 pots?

thanks for any replies
nice to chat to you all jay
Currently in jaylox's garage:
megane scenic 2005
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome