Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic Electronic handbrake.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to leonlr78
Renault Scenic Electronic handbrake.

Good day. I have a Renault Scenic 1.9Dci 2005 model. The alternator packed up about 3 weeks ago and took it out to be repaired. Now after I replaced the alternator and connected everything up and went for a test drive. It gave me parking brake error. I had this error long before when it was at renault, and one tech juswt said that a cable came loose or something and was not engaging the brake, so that was sorted out. So why is this happening again after the car was just standing and how to check? I did release the manual lever in the boot as to oush the car in the garage when I had the battery already removed, so I did check the lever. I pulled on it again and when we start the car, I can here the motor pulling the cable. It is asif it does not pull it enough or something. Not sure what it can be. The parking break lever in the car flashed red and when I pull it and press the button, it tries to engage the parking break again. Sometimes the error goes away and when I stop and switch off the car and break wants to engaged, the error is back. Is there a cable ot something I can check from my side.
Currently in leonlr78's garage:
2005 Renault Scenic II 1.9 Dci
  5 Lastest Threads by leonlr78
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
scenic 1.9 dci fuel filter replacement Engines vixen 1 1705 24th April 2013 06:58 AM
Oil pipe???? Engines leonlr78 8 1580 23rd April 2013 12:32 PM
Renault Scenic Electronic handbrake. Brakes/Hubs leonlr78 0 1018 17th January 2013 10:55 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome