Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to replace drivers wing mirror?

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Door Mirror

Hi madnoel10

I have a Sept. '09 Clio: I tried to fold back my driver's door mirror when parking in a tight spot, but could not do so, and did not want to force it. How come not?

Also, I then noticed a little black button (looks like a "slidey type") sticking out at the bottom of the mirror cover/housing: what is this for? I can't find the manual saying anything about this.

Thanks very much.

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Hi dwarren - you'll need to remove the palstic panel at the corner of the window (the one that surronds the control lever) - go gently when prising it of it can be easily damaged - behind you will find the securing screws for the mirror and adjustment controls. Carefully undo these and remove the mirror. Fitting the new one is the reverse but it helps if you have someone hold the new one when screwing it place - cos if you drop it you'll have 7 years bad luck If the new on needs painted it's much easier and cheaper to do so when if off. Good Luck - hope this helps.
Currently in reevo's garage:
L-reg Volvo 850 SE Auto 42k miles on the clock (serviced by me and immaculate!)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome