Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1.8 blocked on 2000 revs

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd July 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna 1.8 blocked on 2000 revs

I have a big problem with my Renault Laguna. It’s 1.8 liter engine, from 2002. It has only 36000 km. I bought it second hand, and it was running flawless for a while. Then my nightmare started. The engine went crazy. The engine revved between 2000 and 3000 revs, the pedal didn’t react. After you turn off the engine and start it again it will run for few minutes and then again it will go to 2000 revs. So in one word it goes randomly. With this problem you can drive the car, but very slowly cause the engine is stuck on 2000 revs. I took it to the authorized Renault dealer and after 5 days of changing the parts like the gas pedal, part of the injection system (the technician called it “Loputa”, sorry, I don’t know the English word), connectors, cables, finally they tell me it’s the computer. The confusion has become bigger when I found out that there are more than 6 Laguna’s (all with 1.8 liter engines) with the same problem in my country. One of the poor owners of this car has replaced all the above mentioned parts plus the computer and the problem unfortunately didn’t go away. He spent more that 1000 € and nothing. Renault dealer doesn’t know what to do. Most of the Car Electronics workshops also have no clue.
Please HELP…

Thank you,

Sashko Petrovski,
Skopje, Macedonia
  5 Lastest Threads by salieri_legend
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II 1.8, Engine starting problem Engines salieri_legend 2 1069 13th January 2008 11:09 AM
Renault Laguna 1.8 blocked on 2000 revs Electronics salieri_legend 9 4122 23rd July 2005 04:40 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome