Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Flipped Seals on master cylinder - Megane

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th January 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Flipped Seals on master cylinder - Megane

Hi guys, first post, the most helplful website on the internet

I changed the front pads on my megane yesterday used the procedure in the haynes manual, have done them before on a peugeot and had no problems so gave it a go.

after i finished i noticed that the brake pedal now goes all the way to the floor under pressure

called my mechanic and told him what i did he said i did everything right and maybe they just need bedding in, but would the pedal travel all the way to the floor until they are bed in? they used to be savage and now i cant even lock the wheels up.

got quite concerned so even called the AA, guy came and bled the brakes said there was no air in the system, no leaks to be seen.

Is it possible i flipped the seals in the master cylinder? what would be the symptoms?

Thanks guys
Currently in Aluno's garage:
04 megane 1.9dci dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by Aluno
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Blanking PCV valve, opinions wanted Engines coup 2 1179 12th March 2014 10:48 AM
Flipped Seals on master cylinder - Megane Brakes/Hubs Renoir White 9 4825 18th January 2013 08:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome