Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - First Timer Repair Project - 2002 Vauxhall Astra SXI

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2013
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,852 Posts
Re: First Timer Repair Project - 2002 Vauxhall Astra SXI

Originally Posted by Andrew90 View Post
Oh yeah i never thought of that, well i could in theory - work out the back of my car (being an estate), but what are usual costs of body repair - i.e. what would the cost be of the job I done in a job terms?
Depending on the distance I'd be traveling (time & fuel), and if I were having to use my generator for power - I would be charging between 120 - 150.

I'm not VAT-registered (it's too much of a PITA, tbh), so that would cover it all.

Profit margins vary from job to job, but I'll typically double my investment.

Paintless Dent Removal (or PDR) is where the 'real' profits lie as there are no material costs and it's really just the cost of the fuel which is your overhead. I do this as well.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
The Following User Says Thank You to VelSatisfied For This Useful Post:
Andrew90 (20th January 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome