Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - First Timer Repair Project - 2002 Vauxhall Astra SXI

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2013 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: First Timer Repair Project - 2002 Vauxhall Astra SXI

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
Just be careful about this as people who receive a service for free (or at cost), will tend to be much less critical, and therefore more forgiving, than those who are paying retail rates.

I would ALWAYS suggest some formalised training, just to give you some tips and to prevent you from having to learn from mistakes. A car is someone's second most expensive investment, so it's always good to have a bit of experience and knowledge behind you.

For example, did you know that different basecoat colours require a different colour of primer to ensure a match? Before I started my training - I didn't.

It's things like that which mean the job is done right first time, and your reputation (and business) grows.

That is what i was thinking, but i was going to tell them, to give 'constructive critism' in regards to my work and not be too light on noticing any problems / blemishes e.t.c, and yeah training is the way to go lol, i wonder if i know anyone with S.M.A.R.T experience on here who could help me out

Farther of two:
Ashton Jay - 09/08/2011 - Smells funny + makes me smile.
Renny - 29/12/2004 - Smells funny + drinks alot of fuel. R.I.P 21st OCT 2013.

Oh and my partner, good sandwich maker
(She will kill me for putting that lol)
Currently in Andrew90's garage:
2004 Renault Megane VVT Sport Tourer 1.6 Estate,
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome