Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - problem!

Thread: problem!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th October 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

me dad borrowed my car today and came home and told me about a wierd knocking sound when driving, but when braking and accelerating, the knocking goes away. he thought it was the exhaust (as id just fitted a new backbox to her) So i took it out and gave her a test, he was right in what he was saying. I gave her a brief check over, exhaust was fine, and nothing seemed to be loose under the car. so on my way home earlier, i had to do an emergency stop (dam taxi drivers) and when braking, the car seemed a little unstable, so my immediate thought was a loose wheel. So when i pulled up outside my house, i checked all the wheels, and the front passengers wheel had a loose wheelnut, not sure if any of the others are loose as i went in. So does anybody think this is the cause, or does the problem stem deeper than this. and if it is the problem, will the wheel be damaged from this? thanx. Joe
  5 Lastest Threads by joe_g_uk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
push button start installation Electronics joe_g_uk 8 1911 26th April 2006 03:05 PM
custom exhaust system Exhausts BexGDI 6 2020 23rd April 2006 12:14 PM
problem! Cars & motoring 4 1322 4th October 2005 08:35 PM
Renault Megane - Wheels and Tyres - Lowering... Megane Mikeyjp 9 7064 2nd October 2005 09:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome