Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus - Fuel Flap Staying Locked

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 27th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Modus - Fuel Flap Staying Locked

I had this problem today, went to the petrol station to fill up and was unable to open the fuel filler flap.

This might not be the best solution but it worked ok for me.

There are two element to the fuel filler, a trim panel which is clipped to a plastic body that is locked by a pin when you lock the doors.

I was able to swivel the trim panel towards the right and then clockwise to show the plasic body underneath it. I would advise doing this gently though as you don't want to damage the trip (given its painted to match the body)

Towards the top of the plastic body, you will see a hole where you can access a pin that moves downwards to lock. I pushed the pin upwards to unlock.

Like others have mentioned, I put WD40 on the locking mechanism. I then opened and closed the doors to move the pin up and down.

So far this seems to be working. I was able to replace the trim panel by moving it toward the left of the plastic body. The trim is effectively just hooked to it.

Hope this helps.
Currently in Modus2006's garage:
2006 Renault Modus
The Following User Says Thank You to Modus2006 For This Useful Post:
jan23 (5th January 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome