Join Date: Mar 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - How to Disable Alarm Sensors
One thing you MUST NOT do when doing this (it's the two inserts, and the dash must initialise each time) is lean on the driver's seat, as this triggers the seat belt warning and scuppers the sequence.
In more detail:
1) Insert dog through tailgate!
2) Wind down rear windows a little.
3) Lean through the open driver's door, and, resting on the centre console, insert the card. Dash fires up. Remove card. Insert card, dash fires up. Remove card.
4) Heave oneself out without touching the seat. Shut door.
5) With ear to open window, press the lock button on card as usual.
6) You should hear a faint beep/whistle. If yes, all is well. On my car, it's not terribly loud, but then my hearing is not terribly good!
Hope that helps!
Currently in Telebass's garage:
2002 Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer with big-screen Carminat; 2004 MB E320 CDI Estate