Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2001 clio 1.2 16v sunroof leak

View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 28th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2001 clio 1.2 16v sunroof leak

Hi guys.

Ok so im new here.

I have just bought a 1.2 16 valve Clio 2002.

It has 2 leaks. One above each visor.. nothing major, then again it has only been exposed to one severe downpour.

If honest i dont trust myself to do it as not really a hands on kinda guy with cars, so rang around to get prices. Now this is the confusion...

Companies were just quoting one price to get the leaking sunroof fixed which was around 140 - 150.. they said thats all in. Now other garages were saying theres 2 seals.. one at bottom and one on top. They said 99% of the time its the one at the bottom that means ripping ya sunroof off and fitting a new one on etc.. one place said he will charge 72 to fit this however he was abit of a wideboy and didnt trust what he was saying where as the other more expensive ones seemed to know what they were talking about.

Another company said 120 for the bottom seal then another 115 to fit the top one if need be.

So to my understanding it can only be one of 2 seals that have failed (providing its not the draining pipes) is this correct? If so if i have the bottom one replaced whats the chances of the top one going and are they really that expensive to replace?

I live in Wolverhampton btw .

Any help would be appreciated.
Currently in Jayjaycm's garage:
2002 Renault clio 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome