Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #104 of (permalink) Old 28th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

I have quite the same probems...I am owner of VS 2.0t with LPG installation, 2002 year with F4R, same as laguna II.
Two months ago, while driving, the car prompted Fuel Injection fault(body throttle regulation is switch off and motor is at cca 3500 RPM).
At the R service, the body throttle was replaced (new), as they said that the potentiometers of both measuring tracks were dead. After replacement the problem occurred again and again***8230; INJ fault, ESP & ABS fault, handbrake***8230; this is all connected with ECU fault behavior, as I was told.
They checked all the wiring of ECU , body throttle, gas pedal, ***8230;. all the connections to the injection ECU , replaced all ECU relays, connection between ECU and body throttle***8230;
Finally they concluded that ECU is faulty and I bought used one. But the problem stayed***8230;so ECU seems it is OK***8230;unless both ECU had the same fault
ECU was also upgraded with last FW (some posts suggests upgrade for laguna).
They have no clue how to help me,***8230;. I forgot to mention, that car was moved also to second R dealer/service***8230;but also no luck***8230;
Now they are waiting me to allow ordering new ECU which is 1350***8364;***8230; but I am worried that it is not ECU faulty, as the problem is the same from beginning

It is interesting, that after throttle replacement problem/fault occurs when the car is started (during initialization), and not during the drive (during the drive happened just at the beginning, two months ago), or maybe this only by chance.
What else to do...
Currently in samof's garage:
VS 2.0t
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome