Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II handbrake module

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 29th January 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Scenic II handbrake module

Hello everyone. This is my first post on the site and I just wanted to say thank you for the valued information.

I bought A 2005 grand scenic with a handbrake fault showing on the dash. The hand brake was completely inoperative and I had to pull the emergency release to drive the car.

Anyway after chatting with Renault in Belfast, I was told 750 would fix it. He was 99% sure it was the computer. I started reading the forums and found conflicting information regarding this problem. I just want to let those who have the same problem know that its not all that bad.

I have a petrol 1.6 and purchased a secondhand unit from a 1.9 diesel for 150. It took me 45 minutes this morning to fit the complete unit. Two 13mm bolts at the foot of the rear seats and one 10mm under the car. Wheels don't even need to be removed or the brake calipers as I had read somewhere.
When I got into the car and switch on, the warning lights went out as the unit self primed, system was fully functional. No programing was required as the unit was from the same type of vehicle. I believe that this is the only requirement when purchasing a secondhand unit.

Well I hope this information is useful to someone in the same position. Next thing is to open the old unit and see if they can be repaired.
Currently in techguy's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic 1.6 16V Dyn.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome