Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1079 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique 2001 bonnett catch problem

Originally Posted by jonsi74 View Post
Hi there
Christmas eve 2005 the same thing happened to me. 70mph on the outside lane of the motorway, my bonnett hit my windscreen. Internal catch was not pulled. Damage is 3400, car is worth 3125 according to insurance company. I now have no car! A reliable source informed me that a clio was seen on the M5 on 23.12.05 with the same problem. If this is you, please come forward. I am an AA member and am currently seeking legal advice. What can we do?
No it wasn't me, but I received a letter from Renault a couple of days back alerting me to this exact problem and they sent me a list of local Renault dealers for me to take my car to, to be checked out and it wasn't going to cost me anything. Luckilly I haven't had any problem with the bonnet catch, but as it is free, I might as well be 100%sure. I'm sorry you had problems but apart from you being insured to cover the cost, you should report your problem to Renault, that is if they don't contact you first. As far as I can tell, Renault are contacting all mk2 Clio owners, advising them to take their car to local Renault dealers at no cost. Seems that in your case, it's a bit late, barn doors and bolting horses. Good luck with it anyway, you are surely entitled to some compinsation.
django47 (Mick).
Currently in django47's garage:
Clio campus sport 1.2 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome