Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Front Door Trim Removal

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th February 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Laguna Front Door Trim Removal

Laguna Dynamic 03 plate.

Suddenly I cannot open my driver's door from the outside. Opens OK from the inside.

Using my Haynes Workshop Manual I am told I have to remove the exterior door handle and the interior trim to access the door locking mechanism.

I have attempted to both remove the door exterior handle and the interior trim panel, each without any success. Reading the manual both jobs are simply described, but:

Exterior Door Handle - The manual states, step one, "unclip the (dummy) door lock cylinder cover - with the illustration showing it removed" I cannot unclip this cover however I try. I am loath to take the sledge hammer to it!!!

Interior Trim - The second step in this removal requires the removal of the pull handle by removing the retaining screw. I removed the screw; but the handle and its plastic recess stubbornly refuses to be removed, it will not budge, it appears to be still secured in some way which I cannot determine. Again I am loath to use brute force and ignorance.

Any advice will be gratefully received. Thanks.
Currently in brianbryan's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by brianbryan
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna Diesel Acceleration Pre/Post,light Engines madnoel10 1 225 17th August 2015 05:02 PM
Laguna Front Door Trim Removal Bodywork mord 8 5967 4th February 2013 03:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome