Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - 1.2 16v Misfire Information

View Single Post
post #52 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2013
I'm a drummer, I hit things!
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Renault Clio - 1.2 16v Misfire Information

I've been told that I need to change my coil pack and leads because the engine isn't starting up and misfiring. The engine management light and the coil /box light thing has also came up.

I'm going to attempt to change the coil pack and leads myself as it seems pretty straight forward but i'm quite a noob so hopefully it will be alright.

I was just wondering if someone could give me some quick instructions in changing it.? Do i pull out the plugs first? And in any order? And do i need to discount the battery or anything?

You need to be aware though that the " coil " light isn't that- it's an electronic fault light which signifies an electronic issue, not the the coil is duff. It could be a wiring issue, the throttlebody or any number of things. It can get very expensive simply throwing parts at a car and hoping you've guessed right. Get it on a diagnostic machine and see what is actually going on!
Currently in bigiainw's garage:
2016 Skoda Octavia Scout 2.0 CR 150 in Cappuccino Beige/ 2006 Renault Clio III 1.2 16v 3dr Extreme in Post Box Red/ 2013 Renault Trafic LL29 2.0 dCi (euro 5) Sport Passenger in Luxurious Gun Metal Grey with Cruise control, now with parking sensors!!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome