Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Electronics - 1.6 rxe auto 5 door. 'Auto light' keeps coming on???

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio - Electronics - 1.6 rxe auto 5 door. 'Auto light' keeps coming on???

Hi, I put this post in the "general chat section" as well.
I ave a renault 1.6 rxe auto 5 door made in 1999. I bought it last week and I'm very confused about the 'auto' light that keeps coming on. Sometimes it on, and sometimes it isn't. But today, I was driving about 60mph, when the auto light came on, and the car jumped forward and a loud winding noise starting coming fromt he engine whenever I put my foot on the accelerator. Then I found when I went to pull away the car didnt accelerate very much, and the higher mph I went, the louder the winding noise became

The manual doesn't say antyhing about this light either, and i'm not sure what to do. It's my first car! Argh!!
  5 Lastest Threads by prettygirlie1984
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
My car cut out!! Engines Oilyrag 6 1504 30th January 2006 07:49 PM
Serious Clio issues-also posted in Clio forum Cars & motoring prettygirlie1984 6 1842 11th October 2005 06:48 PM
Renault Clio - Electronics - 1.6 rxe auto 5 door.... Clio prettygirlie1984 4 2931 5th October 2005 05:46 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome