Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electronics - PDA based Satnav

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic - Electronics - PDA based Satnav

I'm about to take the leap of acquiring a PDA Satnav system (Probably HP IPAQ 4700 & TomTom Navigator 5) there are two issues I'm not sure about -

Position on the Dash (new Scenic). Most favoured mount is BRODIT which offers one at the centre of the dashboard just above and to the left of the start button and one to the right of the steering wheel just under the air vent. The right mount position may result in my right hand obscuring the PDA, the centre mount may result in partial obscuring of the dash display. Has anyone any experience of these mounts?

The second issue relates to the position of the GPS receiver (this will probably be a TomTom which comes in the software package) can this be just stuck to the glass area next to the rear-view mirror (for best reception) or will it need to be at a near horizontal position? Has anyone any experience of this issue?

I look forward to coment.

5 Lastest Threads by alistairwat50n
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Fitting PDA based Satnav to 05 Scenic Electronics 6 1696 28th November 2005 07:05 PM
Renault Scenic - Electronics - PDA based Satnav Scenic adrimo 16 4433 5th October 2005 06:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome