Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - scenic alarm problem?

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic Alarm Problem - 2002 Scenic Dci Privilege Monaco

I was away in Sheffield last night (200+ miles from home).

My girlfriend called me to say that it was raining hard and thundery at home and my Scenic (which I've only had since Saturday) alarm was going off all the time and then a whistling type noise was coming out of it when disarmed. It was parked on my drive at the time.

No matter what she tried (bless her for trying at all in pouring rain) it kept going off. My scenic (I don't know if this is common) auto locks and alarms after being left unlocked but unopened for more than 30 seconds.

It is now in my locked garage with the drivers door open and interior lights turned off awaiting me. Sounds like excess weather and the same problem with the bonnet catch (hopefully) that I've seen in other threads on this forum? I'll try this out over the weekend when I have more time.

Damn annoying on a new car (to me) especially when I'm helpless to do anything about it (being 200+ miles away at the time) and has caused me to distrust using the car, nevermind leaving the car anywhere, without it further annoying the general public and my neighbours (nevermind flattening the battery on a diesel car).

To add further insult to injury, my old car (a rock solid reliable VW Vento TDI) is sat on my drive behind it, totally silent, causing me more frustration at my new purchase.

I hope the cause is as easy to remedy as everyone on this forum has suggested, cos I could do without more expense (mechanic time to look at the problem) and don't want to dent my confidence further in my new car.

Any further advice would be welcome.
Currently in rcgreaves's garage:
Renault Scenic 1.9dci Privilege Monaco 2002
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome