Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Whistling noise on my Renault Megane DCI

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Re: Whistling noise on my Renault Megane DCI

Hi, I have a megane 1.5 dci and a few weeks ago i hit a large pothole, not sure if its related but since then, when i am reaching a speed of around 70 mph, the check injection light comes on and the car goes into limp mode.
I had a diagnostic done which pointed to the air flow meter, so i replaced it (with a second hand one) i was told to remove and clean the EGR valve with brake cleaner at the same time, which i did, but it didn't solve the problem. Instead i noticed a noise start coming from the engine when i accelerated, a kind of whistling or whining not sure how else to describe it?
Had diagnostic done again by renault in wolverhampton and they said it was the boost control valve, so i replaced this (again second hand) but it did not solve it either, had another diagnostic telling me its to do with the air intake so tried a second hand EGR valve. But i am still getting check injection light coming on at around 70 - 90 mph ( only going at these speeds to check if it still comes on) and i am still getting the whistling noise when accelerating, its only when the revs get quite high though, when i go gently it doesn't do it. i have had a visual inspection of the turbo and pipes made by a mechanic friend of mine and they looked ok.
so now i am getting to the point where i am running out of ideas, and while hoping it to be something simple, i am bracing myself to expect the turbo to need replacing. car runs ok otherwise with no loss of power, it still pulls as it did before.
in the meantime i still need the car and i am taking it easy when driving so i don't overwork it.
any input would be greatly appreciated!
Currently in toznlara's garage:
2007 renault megane 1.5dci

Last edited by toznlara; 16th February 2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: missed info
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome