Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fill fuel tank?

Thread: Fill fuel tank?
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 17th February 2013 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Fill fuel tank?

Originally Posted by Renoir White View Post
What about using water absorbtion additives for fuel like Wynn's Dry Fuel (for both diesel & petrol engines).
Hmm so there is a "product".How efficient it is Ive no idea.

I posted before about putting my meg in for its first service last June.

At the time I questioned the garage person "Is there likely to be any extra cost over the standard service price?"
The answer was negative"unless the water level in the fuel filter is above a certain level, in which case we might have to add some water absorbing crystals and that would cost a bit extra.

I posted this at the time and the forums general reaction,as mine was "Me witch doctor man say you may need some ju ju crystals in fuel tank"
Where these water absorbing crystals go to without leaving some sludge in the bottom of the fuel tank Ive no idea,but I hoped I wouldnt need/be charged for the ju ju crystals.

I wasnt ,(presumably the level in the filter was within limits )

I live in what is the warmest part of the country for average temperatures.For you aviation afficionados it also has high humidity levels and the local main airport due to its elevation and the prevailing conditions is one of the most fog prone in the country.
Lets just say its damp here..

The correlation between keeping 1/4 tank a half tank and a 3/4 tank.continuously breaking a week cos the beep beep annoys you .vs the ,extra fuel weight:
I think Ill go for 3/4 full.

Anytime thats convenient below 1/2 full ill bring it up to 3/4,n like that.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome